Eddy current separator (SWP)
Eddy current separator type SWP is intended for removal of non-ferrous metals from bulk or crushed material fed to the separator.
High effectiveness of separation of aluminum, copper, zinc and other non-ferrous metals with grain size over 1mm.
Features of eddy current separator SWP:
- Separation of non-ferrous metals from a size of 1 mm.
- High speed magnetic rotor made of high-power neodymium (NdFeB) magnets.
- Precise rotor balancing and special bearings to obtain high rotational speed.
- Magnetic field frequency of up to 1000 Hz.
- SIEMENS electronic control system.
- Stepless adjustment of operation parameters with frequency inverters.
- Modern safety systems including the electronic rotor stopping system.
- Support frame designed for fast belt replacement.
- Can be equipped with the drum separator and vibrating feeder.
- High speed magnetic rotor with 12 / 20 / 26 magnetic poles made of high-power neodymium (NdFeB) permanent magnets.
- Rotor shell made of epoxy resin reinforced with glass fibre. Optionally provided with a ceramic coating.
- Direct magnetic rotor dirve by NORD electric motor with claw coupling.
- Stepless adjustment of the magnetic rotor speed by frequency inverter.
- Accelerating belt conveyor with variable belt speed intended to maximally distribute the transported material in a single layer within the magnetic field influence zone.
- Conveyor belt made of high wear resistant polyurethane and provided with side walls and cleats to remove small ferrous metals.
- Belt drive by NORD helical-bevel geared motor. Other manufacturers on request.
- Stepless adjustment of the belt speed by the frequency inverter in the range of 0.5 ÷ 2.5 m/s.
- Stable and shock-absorbed frame made of rigid steel profiles enabling quick belt replacement without additional equipment.
The eddy current separator ECS is using power of permanent magnets to separate non-ferrous metals from transported material. Magnetix company is using the strongest and the best quality neodymium magnets to get the best eddy current pole with high effectiveness of separation.
High speed magnetic rotor makes eddy current pole with frequency between 12000 and 30000 Hz. Frequency of eddy current separator depends on size of neodymium rotor and speed of rotor and it is established during designing and manufacturing directly for Customer installation and recycling process.
The eddy current separator is applied to a conveyor belt carrying a thin layer of mixed waste. At the end of the conveyor belt is an eddy current rotor. Non-ferrous metals are push forward by eddy current pole from the belt into the metal chute, the rest of material simply fall off the belt due to gravity to the second chute.
Eddy current separators are using for separation of non ferrous metals from mixed materials like communal solid waste, plastic, glass, rubber, wood, etc. in many recycling installations.
MAGNETIX Eddy Current Separators (ECS) are suitable for a wide range of installations for recovery of small non ferrous metals from 2mm to bigger shredded scrap metals with size until 250mm.
In the MAGNETIX offer the Customer can find also complete installations with eddy current separators, magnetic separators, conveyor belts, vibratory feeders and sieves for metal recycling from many recycled products.
Applications with eddy current separators
- Separation of non-ferrous metals from municipal and industrial waste
- Recovery of metals in car recycling lines
- Recovery of metals in household recycling
- Installations of aluminum and copper recycling
- Separation of aluminum in glass recycling (glassworks)
- Separators for wood recycling
- Separators for plastics and rubber recycling
- Metal separation from PET
- Metal separation from alternative fuel in cement mills and power plants
- Separation of aluminum dross
Advantages of eddy current separator from Magnetix
- High efficiency of metal separation from 1 mm
- Open steel structure for easy service and changing of all spare parts
- Full control system of all parameters of work by frequency converters
- Easy service and signalizing of lubrication time
- The best safety system with electronic braking of high speed magnetic rotor
- Solid steel structure with antivibration pads
- Drives and electronic equipment from the best european producers
Equipment of eddy current separator
- Conveyor with full control speed up to 2,5 m/s
- Magnetic rotor with high-energy neodymium magnets (NdFeB)
- Frequency converters for control of magnetic rotor and belt speed
- Emergency braking system of magnetic rotor
- Cover of separation zone with splitter
- Belt bank limit switch
- Rotation control of belt bank drive
- Visualization of status of work: work/breakedown/service/breaking
- Cleaning brush with geared motor
- Operating hours counter
- Control cabinet with full equipment for connect with the main control and visualization system
- Vibratory feeder with magnetic pulley for ferrous metal separation before eddy current separation
Eddy currents separator Video-Presentation
Download the catalog
(file 2 MB)