In-line separator (SRM)
The SRM type in-line magnetic separator is designed to remove iron contaminants from bulk materials (granulation up to 20 mm) in free fall or pneumatic systems. The in-line separator protects process machines against damage caused by tramp metal, and also protects the consumer against eating dangerous metal pieces. It is a perfect complement to a metal detector.
The in-line magnetic separator is reliable, very durable and designed for continuous operation. It has high metal separation efficiency. The ferrite or neodymium permanent magnets used in the separator have high coercivity, which makes them difficult to demagnetize. Therefore, the in-line separator has a long service life.
Performance features of the in-line separator from Magnetix
- Customized design of the inline separator.
- Execution with approval for the food industry.
- Easy cleaning from captured metals.
- Simple assembly in a gravity chute.
- Inlet diameter up to 700 mm.
- Magnetic flux density up to 8000 G in the neodymium version.
- High coercive magnetic material.
- Working temperature up to 150°C.
Applications areas of the in-line separator
- Removal of metal contaminants from sugar, salt, flour, coffee, powdered milk, spices, dried vegetables and other bulk food products with granulation up to 20 mm.
- Separation of metals from grain, feed and feed additives.
- Purification of wood chips, shavings, sawdust and wood dust.
- Purification of grit, sand and flour.
- Purification of plastic granulates.
Versions of the in-line separator
- In-line magnetic separator type SRM-F
Equipped with ferrite magnetic element with medium magnetic field intensity, designed to remove larger metal contaminants from the transported material, such as nails, screws, bolts and other broken machine parts.
- In-line magnetic separator type SRM-N
Equipped with high-power NdFeB neodymium magnetic element with high magnetic field intensity, designed to remove small metal contaminants from the transported material, such as bearing balls, metal filings, iron oxides and others with a small adhesion surface to the magnet and weakly magnetically susceptible.
The in-line separator is standardly equipped with a dustproof housing with an inspection door on which a magnetic element is suspended. Depending on the version, the magnetic element may have a permanent or removable cover that facilitates cleaning of the magnet from any metal contamination. Depending on the version, the separator housing can be adapted to pipelines with a working pressure of 0.8 and 5 bar.