Over-belt electromagnetic separator (STE)
The STE type over-belt electromagnetic separator is designed for automatic separation of ferrous metals from bulk materials transported on belt conveyors or vibrating feeders. The electromagnetic separator protects mills, crushers and other process machines against damage caused by iron parts such as screws, pipe pieces, bearings or crusher teeth. The electromagnetic separator is also used to recover valuable ferrous scrap in waste recycling processes.
The over-belt electromagnetic separator is reliable, very durable and designed for continuous operation. It has high metal separation efficiency. The electromagnet used in the separator has a high-quality winding made of aluminum tape with the highest class of insulation. This makes it resistant to high temperatures and very durable.
Performance features of the over-belt electromagnetic separator from Magnetix
- Customized design of the electromagnetic separator.
- Optimal adaptation to the width and speed of the conveyor belt.
- Electromagnet with a power of up to 28 kW designed for continuous operation 24/7 in difficult working conditions.
- Magnetic circuit with deep magnetic field and high flux density.
- Working distance (magnetic field range) up to 900 mm in accordance with DIN VDE 0580.
- High-quality electromagnet winding made of aluminum tape, insulation class C up to 300°C.
- IP 65 protection degree of the electromagnet.
- Reinforced rubber belt with hot vulcanized cleats.
- Belt drive - NORD or SEW helical-bevel gear motor. Other manufacturer on request.
- Accessories from leading manufacturers.
Applications areas of the over-belt electromagnetic separator
- Separation of tramp metal from coal, granite, limestone, basalt and other aggregates to protect mills and crushers.
- Removal of metal contaminants at particular stages of cement production.
- Recovery of iron scrap from metallurgical heaps.
- Separation of tramp iron from moulding sand.
- Recovery of ferrous scrap from municipal and industrial waste.
- Purification of alternative fuels RDF and compost.
- Purification of cullet, rubber, plastics and other materials coming from recycling.
- Purification of chips, shavings and other shredded wood materials.
- Protection of sugar beet slicers.
Versions of the over-belt electromagnetic separator
- Explosion-proof electromagnetic separator in accordance with the requirements of the ATEX directive. Separator certified by the notified body.
- Electromagnetic separator with oil cooling adapted to work at high temperatures.
- Electromagnetic separator forced by a metal detector - electromagnet power up to 50 kW in intermittent operation.
At the customer's request, the electromagnetic separator can be equipped with automatic bearing lubricators, belt alignment switches, rotation sensor, winding temperature probe, supporting structure, adjustable chain slings, scrap chute and self-unloading scrap container.