Cross-beam lifting magnets
The cross-beam lifting magnets (electromagnets or electromagnetic grippers) are designed for handling long sheets, bundles of bars, pipes and other steel profiles up to 18 m long. The lifting magnets mounted on the common cross-beam enable the handling of low-rigid materials with a high deflection coefficient, such as thin sheets, reinforcing bars, etc. Electromagnets improve internal transport and shorten loading time in steelworks, shipyards, ports, railway terminals and steel warehouses.
The cross-beam lifting magnets are reliable, very robust and designed for S3 75% intermittent operation. They have high attractive force, high lifting capacity and high handling efficiency. The electromagnets have high-quality windings made of aluminum tape with the highest class of insulation. This makes them resistant to high temperatures and very durable.
Performance features of cross-beam lifting magnets from Magnetix
- Customized design of the cross-beam.
- Length of the cross-beam up to 12 m.
- Power of the electromagnet set up to 50 kW.
- High-quality electromagnet windings made of aluminum tape, insulation class C up to 300°C.
- Relative duty cycle 75%. Maximum cycle time 10 minutes.
- Excellent thermal properties and optimal heat dissipation from the interior of the lifting magnets.
- Handling of hot materials up to 650°C.
- Adjustment of electromagnets current and attraction force by digital AC / DC converter.
- Shortest magnetization / demagnetization time of the lifting magnets.
- High handling efficiency compared to competitive solutions.
- Customized cross-beam - tailored to the customer's needs and requirements.
- Power and control systems integrated with the gantry crane.
Application areas of cross-beam lifting magnets
- Handling of single sheets and sheets in packages up to 12 m long.
- Handling bundles of bars, pipes, angles and other steel profiles up to 18 m long.
- Selective lifting of sheets and profiles to facilitate order completion and prepare goods for shipment.
- Vertical storage of sheet metal increasing the capacity of steel warehouses.
- Moving trapezoidal sheet metal and other construction materials.
- Moving railway rails and other long items.
Versions of cross-beam lifting magnets
- Lifting magnets on a common cross-beam with a fixed spacing - enable lifting one type of steel product.
- Lifting magnets on a common across-beam with variable spacing - enable lifting various steel products with different arrangements of suspension points.
- Lifting magnets on telescopic cross-beam with booms extended by hydraulic actuators - enable lifting various steel products of any length without requiring manual magnets shifting.
Additional equipment of cross-beam lifting magnets:
- Control cabinet for power supply, control and monitoring of the lifting magnets.
- Digital AC/DC converter providing precise regulation of electromagnets current, quick circuit discharge function and tipping function.
- Emergency back-up power supply system provided with immediate voltage failure signalling and switching over to the emergency
- Spring-driven or motor-driven cable reel supplying power to the lifting magnets.
- Remote control from the gantry operator control panel.
- Radio control for ground personnel.
- Chain slings.