Circular lifting magnet (EO)
The EO type circular lifting magnet (round electromagnet or electromagnetic gripper) is designed for handling mainly scrap iron. The round electromagnet of a special multi-pole design is adapted to lift sheet metal coils with winding axis vertical. The lifting magnet improves internal transport in steelworks, shipyards, foundries and scrap processing plants. The use of the electromagnet shortens loading times in ports, railway terminals and steel warehouses.
The circular lifting magnet is reliable, very robust and designed for S3 75% intermittent periodic duty. It has high attractive force, high lifting capacity and high handling efficiency. The electromagnet has a high-quality winding made of aluminum tape with the highest class of insulation. This makes it resistant to high temperatures and very durable.
Performance features of the circular lifting magnet from Magnetix
- Electromagnet diameter up to 2000 mm, electromagnet power up to 40 kW.
- High-quality electromagnet winding made of aluminum tape, insulation class C up to 300°C.
- Relative duty cycle 75%. Maximum cycle time 10 minutes.
- Excellent thermal properties and optimal heat dissipation from the interior of the lifting magnet.
- Handling of hot materials up to 650°C.
- Adjustment of electromagnet current and attraction force by digital AC / DC converter.
- Shortest magnetization / demagnetization time of the lifting magnet.
- High handling efficiency compared to competitive solutions.
Application areas of the circular lifting magnet
- Handling of scrap iron and steel shavings.
- Handling of pig iron in steelworks.
- Lifting of iron and steel castings.
- Loading of sheet metal and wire coils with winding axis vertical.
- Cleaning storage and maneuvering yards from steel scrap.
- Destruction of buildings using a steel demolition ball.
Versions of the circular lifting magnet
- Type EOS lifting magnet with a welded body made of steel with high magnetic permeability, durable and easy to repair.
- Type EOR lifting magnet with a cast body made of deeply ribbed steel casting with high durability, designed for difficult working conditions.
- Circular electromagnet of multi-pole construction for sheet metal coils.
- Circular electromagnet with electro-hydraulic generator for excavators, loaders and other mobile machines.
Additional equipment of the lifting magnet:
- Control cabinet for power supply, control and monitoring of the lifting magnet.
- Digital AC/DC converter providing precise regulation of electromagnet current, quick circuit discharge function and tipping function.
- Emergency back-up power supply system provided with immediate voltage failure signalling and switching over to the emergency
- Spring-driven or motor-driven cable reel supplying power to the lifting magnet.
- Remote control from the gantry operator control panel.
- Radio control for ground personnel.
- Chain slings.