Drum magnetic separator (SBM)
The SBM type drum magnetic separator is designed for automatic separation of ferrous metals from medium- and fine-grained bulk materials in gravity chutes. The drum magnetic separator protects mills, crushers and other process machines against damage caused by tramp metal, and cleanses the transported material, increasing its value. The drum separator is also used to recover valuable ferrous scrap in waste recycling processes.
The drum magnetic separator is reliable, very durable and designed for continuous operation. It has high metal separation efficiency. The ferrite or neodymium permanent magnets used in the magnetic drum have high coercivity, which makes them difficult to demagnetize. Therefore, the drum separator has a long service life.
Performance features of the drum separator from Magnetix
- Customized design of the drum separator.
- Adapted to continuous operation 24/7 in difficult working conditions.
- Explosion-proof design in accordance with the ATEX directive.
- Ferrite or neodymium magnetic drum with high magnetic field intensity.
- Magnetic drum diameter up to 630 mm, working width up to 2000 mm.
- Drum drive - NORD or SEW helical-bevel gear motor. Other manufacturer on request.
- Working temperature up to 150°C.
- Accessories from leading manufacturers.
Applications areas of the drum separator
- Separation of iron particles from grits, sands, flours and other mineral materials.
- Highly effective purification of packaging and light bulb glass cullet.
- Separation of steel wire in tire and rubber recycling processes.
- Separation of metal impurities from wood chips and chips.
- Purification of alternative fuels RDF.
- Cleaning of shot and other abrasive materials in closed sandblasting and shot-blasting systems.
- Purification of food products using high-power neodymium magnets.
- Separation of magnetite from heavy liquid in coal mines.
- Stainless steel separation.
Versions of the drum separator
- Drum magnetic separator type SBM-F
Equipped with ferrite magnetic drum with medium magnetic field intensity, designed to remove larger metal contaminants from the transported material, such as nails, screws, bolts and other broken machine parts.
- Drum magnetic separator type SBM-N
Equipped with high-power NdFeB neodymium magnetic drum with high magnetic field intensity, designed to remove small metal contaminants from the transported material, such as bearing balls, metal filings, iron oxides and others with a small adhesion surface to the magnet and weakly magnetically susceptible.
The drum separator is standardly equipped with a dustproof housing with a flap dosing the material fed to the drum. It has a mechanism for adjusting the position of the magnets and a gear motor driving the drum. Optionally, the drum separator can be equipped with linings made of wear-resistant manganese steel and a drum rotation sensor.