Magnetic pulley (BM)
The BM type magnetic pulley (magnetic drum) is designed to be built into a belt conveyor instead of the drive drum and is used to separate ferrous metals from bulk materials transported on the belt. The magnetic pulley protects mills, crushers and other process machines against damage caused by tramp metal and is a perfect complement to the over-belt separator. The magnetic pulley is also used to recover valuable ferrous scrap in waste recycling processes.
The magnetic pulley is reliable, very durable and designed for continuous operation. It has high metal separation efficiency. The ferrite or neodymium permanent magnets used in the magnetic pulley have high coercivity, which makes them difficult to demagnetize. Therefore, the magnetic pulley has a long service life.
Performance features of the magnetic pulley from Magnetix
- Customized design of the magnetic pulley.
- Can be adapted to all types of belt conveyors.
- Magnetic pulley diameter up to 1200 mm, working width up to 2000 mm.
- Magnetic circuit with high magnetic field strength.
- High coercive magnetic material.
- Working temperature up to 150°C.
- Increased durability of the pulley shaft.
- Quick shaft replacement in case of damage.
- Anti-slip lining - rubber coating or checker plate.
Applications areas of the magnetic pulley
- Additional stage of separation of ferrous metals behind the over-belt separator.
- Removal of metal contaminants at particular stages of cement production.
- Purification of grit, sand, flour and other mineral materials.
- Recovery of iron scrap from metallurgical heaps.
- Separation of tramp iron from moulding sand.
- Recovery of ferrous scrap from municipal and industrial waste.
- Purification of alternative fuels RDF and compost.
- Purification of cullet, rubber, plastics and other materials coming from recycling.
- Purification of chips, shavings and other shredded wood materials.
- Stainless steel separation.
Versions of the magnetic pulley
- BM-F type magnetic pulley
Made of ferrite magnets with medium magnetic field intensity, designed to remove larger metal contaminants from the transported material, such as nails, screws, bolts and other broken machine parts.
- BM-N type magnetic pulley
Made of high-power NdFeB neodymium magnets with high magnetic field intensity, designed to remove small metal contaminants from the transported material, such as bearing balls, metal filings, iron oxides and others with a small adhesion surface to the magnet and weakly magnetically susceptible.
- BME type electromagnetic pulley
Made of electromagnets powered by direct current with large magnetic field range, designed to remove large-sized iron scrap.
The magnetic pulleys we produce can be rubberized at the customer's request. We use rubber linings with a "diamond" profile, 6 or 8 mm thick. Due to the possibility of damage to the magnets during vulcanization in the autoclave, the drums are rubberized using the "cold" method using specialized adhesives.
The magnetic pulley can be additionally equipped with spherical roller bearings in dust-proof housings and a cylindrical-bevel gear motor.