Tunnel metal detector (DMD)
The DMD type tunnel metal detector is designed to detect ferrous and non-ferrous metals in piece goods or bulk materials transported on belt conveyors. The metal detector protects process machines against damage caused by metal contamination, prevents production downtime, ensures product quality and protects against complaints. It is also used as an additional level of protection after the magnetic separator.
The DMD tunnel metal detector is reliable, easy to use and designed for continuous operation. The metal detector is characterized by high scanning sensitivity across the entire width of the conveyor belt. The split design of the metal detector allows for simple integration into an existing production line and belt conveyor system - there is no need to disconnect the belt and rebuild the conveyor.
Performance features of the tunnel metal detector from Magnetix
- Optimal detection of ferrous and non-ferrous metals as well as stainless steel.
- High scanning sensitivity across the entire width of the conveyor belt.
- Special split design of the metal detector for easy installation on a conveyor belt.
- Adaptable to all types of belt conveyors.
- Transport tunnel width from 500 to 2400 mm.
- Transport tunnel high from 150 to 800 mm.
- High resistance to vibration, shocks, and temperature fluctuations.
- Intuitive operation via membrane keyboard.
- Electronic adjustment of scanning sensitivity.
- Automatic product learning with material effect compensation.
- Memory for 10 different products.
Applications areas of the tunnel metal detector
- Detection of metal contaminants in mining ore: limestone, basalt, hard and brown coal.
- Protection of processing machinery such as crushers, shredders, mills and screens.
- Detection of metals at various stages of production of cement, limestone flour and construction mixtures.
- Metal detection at coaling stations in power plants and heating plants.
- Metal detection at biomass and alternative fuel unloading and feeding stations.
- Testing of rubber ribbon in the car tire production process.
- Searching for metals in logs and timbers to protect sawmills and saws.
- Detection of metals in wood chips in chipboard production installations.
- Detection of metals in cullet to ensure 100% purity of the furnace feedstock.
- Metal detection in waste recycling processes.
- Detection of metals in agricultural produce at receiving installations in processing plants (potatoes, sugar beets, cereals).
- Testing of fruit sent to cold stores and processing plants.
- Detection of metals in feed mixtures.
Versions of the tunnel metal detector
- Metal detector in a dustproof and rainproof IP 65 version.
- Explosion-proof metal detector in accordance with the requirements of the ATEX directive.
- Optical and acoustic signal system.
- Digital incident counter.
- Belt conveyor control systems (belt stopping or reversing).
- Marking the position of metal on the conveyor belt (marking with paint or a sandbag).
- Electronic marker indicating the position of metal on the conveyor belt (multiple marking).