Over-belt magnetic separator (STM)
The STM type over-belt magnetic separator is designed for automatic separation of ferrous metals from bulk materials transported on belt conveyors or vibrating feeders. The magnetic separator protects mills, crushers and other process machines against damage caused by iron parts such as screws, pipe pieces, bearings or crusher teeth. The over-belt magnetic separator is also used to recover valuable ferrous scrap in waste recycling processes.
The over-belt magnetic separator is reliable, very durable and designed for continuous operation. It has high metal separation efficiency. The ferrite or neodymium permanent magnets used in the separator have high coercivity, which makes them difficult to demagnetize. Therefore, the magnetic separator has a long service life.
Performance features of the over-belt magnetic separator from Magnetix
- Customized design of the magnetic separator.
- Optimal adaptation to the width and speed of the conveyor belt.
- Adapted to continuous operation 24/7 in difficult working conditions.
- Ferrite or neodymium magnetic block with deep magnetic field and high flux density.
- Working distance (magnetic field range) up to 500 mm in accordance with DIN VDE 0580.
- Reinforced rubber belt with hot vulcanized cleats.
- NORD or SEW helical-bevel geared motor. Other manufacturers on request.
- Accessories from leading manufacturers.
Applications areas of the over-belt magnetic separator
- Separation of tramp metal from coal, granite, limestone, basalt and other aggregates to protect mills and crushers.
- Removal of metal contaminants at particular stages of cement production.
- Recovery of iron scrap from metallurgical heaps.
- Separation of tramp iron from moulding sand.
- Recovery of ferrous scrap from municipal and industrial waste.
- Purification of alternative fuels RDF and compost.
- Purification of cullet, rubber, plastics and other materials coming from recycling.
- Purification of chips, shavings and other shredded wood materials.
- Installation on mobile screens and crushers (light neodymium separators).
Versions of the over-belt magnetic separator
- STM-F type over-belt magnetic separator equipped with ferrite magnetic block.
- STM-N type over-belt magnetic separator equipped with magnetic block made of high-power neodymium magnets.
- Explosion-proof magnetic separator in accordance with the requirements of the ATEX directive.
- Magnetic separator equipped with Danfoss hydraulic motor, adapted for installation in mobile crushers.
At the customer's request, the magnetic separator can be equipped with automatic bearing lubricators, belt alignment switches, rotation sensor, supporting structure, adjustable chain slings, scrap chute and self-unloading scrap container.
WHY CHOOSE OUR OVER-BELT MAGNETIC SEPARATORS?
The magnetic separators in our range are devices that can be tailored to the needs of a particular company. The machines we manufacture have a magnetic circuit with a long range and magnetic field strength, so they can operate effectively and efficiently. Furthermore, it is possible to optimally adapt them to the conveyor width and belt speed. The advantages of belt magnetic separators also include low operating costs - the permanent magnet does not consume electricity - and a robust design to ensure a long service life. For the production of the devices, we use accessories from renowned manufacturers.
WHAT ARE THE COMPONENTS OF A MAGNETIC BELT SEPARATOR? WORKING PRINCIPLE
Basically, the STM belt magnetic separator consists of 7 basic elements: magnetic block made of ferrite magnets or high-energy neodymium magnets (NdFeB), block housing made of austenitic steel, tightly welded, EP-type multi-pass fabric-rubber belt with hot vulcanised thresholds, NORD's conical-roller geared motor, driving and tensioning drums made in a barrel form for better belt centring, shafts fixed in the drums by expansion and clamping rings.